Monday, October 5, 2009

Excuses, excuses

It's been awhile since I've made a new post. But I just get really busy and tired a lot of the time. School is stressful, I'm looking for a job, I have a choir concert to prepare for, etc. The list could go on forever. Truth be told, the blog is just NOT a priority in my life because I don't make time for it. I want it to be, but I can want a lot of things. There's a big difference between what you want and what you're willing to work for.

We use those same excuses with God, don't we? Take that sentence that starts "Truth be told..." and substitute "God" for "the blog". Scary, huh? "I can't do my Bible Study right now, God, I have to study." "I can't pray right now, Jesus, there are too many other things on my mind." How stupid can we get? What other book is the divine word of God and deserves more attention? Not any of my text books, that's for sure. (Truth be told, they might be the not-so-divinely inspired money-orientated pieces of paper with words on them) When we have things that are troubling us, what better to do than pray? I dunno. I know when I'm stressed, praying isn't my first reaction. Eating or being with people is.

Not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote. School is school. KD is kinda like a retreat that I can go to anytime I want. I've already shared my faith with a couple of my sisters. They saw me doing my Bible Study while I was waiting on a friend and they asked what I was doing, so I told them. Navs is fantastic! I wouldn't want to have a better pair of things to be involved in. Other than math, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment