Friday, December 4, 2009

Temporary Home

Well goodness, I haven't been very good at relaying what happens here have I? Well to tell the truth, the novelty kinda wore off after the first few weeks, so nothing has really seemed that exciting. I guess that means I'm adjusting well and nothing is taking me by surprise anymore, but I miss the newness of it all.

I guess the only thing that has changed significantly is the way I view home. Before I moved to college, I'd lived in the same house my whole life. I'd never really known what is was like to leave my family. I thought that I would have a terrible time not always having someone around. I always knew where home was--or at least I thought I did.

It turns out that I've grown closer to God and the relationships that I do have are a lot more meaningful now. I've experienced the fact that God IS with me, even when nobody else is. The friends I've made are so fantastic! I no longer just have a whole bunch of friends and family around to keep me company all the time. The friends I have are in my lfe because we've both worked to see each other and spend time with each other. I don't really have any of those "class friends"--you know, those firends you have just because you're at the same table in class. I do have firends in class, don't get me wrong, but I see them outside of class, too.

Home. For my whole life I've thought home was a blue house with a maple tree in the front yard in the middle of Colorado Springs. But now, when I say "Ok, I've really got to be heading home now." I mean my little 6'x10' dorm room. I don't consider it home, but it's just too complicated to call it anything else.

It kinda reminds me of how we're supposed to think of our life here on earth compared to our life in heaven. We should think of heaven as our home and as our earthly existance as a temporary home.

No comments:

Post a Comment